Job responsibilities include cutting crate components to size; assembling crates around different types of material; ensuring all materials have suitable protective packaging to reduce the likelihood of damage during shipment; and helping make sure crates are marked properly for carrier pickups. In addition to these duties, those who work in the crating area of our factory will be asked to assist other production workers in finishing product fabrication, depending on shop load.
A&L Shielding provides a great deal of on-the-job training for our manufacturing team members. We do require that new hires for our factory have the following:
- A high school diploma or GED,
- A valid driver’s license,
- A negative drug test (scheduled and paid for by A&L),
- The physical capacity for bending and lifting,
- The ability read or to learn to read a tape measure.
After employment begins and training ensues, manufacturing team members will be responsible for:
- Fabricating lead lined wood doors and lead lining frames, drywall, plywood, etc.,
- Using manual tools as well as power saws, routers, radial arm saws, nail guns, etc.,
- Packing and crating fabricated items for shipment to our customers.
- Operating a forklift (training and certification provided by A&L).