Job responsibilities for this position include cutting components for our products; assembling door cores and putting remaining components together for finished door construction; cutting and forming lead for lining hollow metal door and window frames and then lining the frames with the lead; and fabricating lead lined drywall and plywood. Employee must also have an eye for detail as inspection during each phase of fabrication is essential.
A&L Shielding provides a great deal of on-the-job training for our manufacturing team members. We do require that new hires for our factory have the following:
- A high school diploma or GED,
- A valid driver’s license,
- A negative drug test (scheduled and paid for by A&L),
- The physical capacity for bending and lifting,
- The ability read or to learn to read a tape measure.
After employment begins and training ensues, manufacturing team members will be responsible for:
- Fabricating lead lined wood doors and lead lining frames, drywall, plywood, etc.,
- Using manual tools as well as power saws, routers, radial arm saws, nail guns, etc.,
- Packing and crating fabricated items for shipment to our customers.
- Operating a forklift (training and certification provided by A&L).