Our patented 45 and 60 minute special lead lined mineral core construction (U.S. Patent No. 7,598,460) lead lined wood doors are available in either Positive or Neutral Pressure environments with lead thicknesses up to 1/4”.
These special fire-rated radiation shielding doors are recommended for architectural use in hospitals, medical clinics, laboratories and anywhere the possibility of radiation exposure exists.
The amount of lead required in these doors must be determined by a licensed radiation shielding physicist.
- 45/60 Minute NP – Neutral Pressure
- 45/60 Minute PP – Positive Pressure Category A
- 45/60 Minute PPFM – Positive Pressure Category B
- Single Door: 4’0” x 8’0”
- Pairs: 8’0” x 8’0”
|Lead Thickness||Door Thickness||3070 Weight (Pounds)||4070 Weight (Pounds)|
- Mineral CORECLAD®® Core –No added UF
- Veneer – All species available
- No Added UF as an option
- Plastic Laminate – Adds 3/32” to door thickness
Butt Hinges – Due to the heavy weight of the lead lined doors, we recommend that Pivots or Continuous Hinges be used. However we will allow butt hinges as long as they are rated for the weight of the door.
Locks/Strikes & Flushbolts:
Mortise / Cylindrical – Hospital Latch included
Surface Vertical Rods / RIM Exit Devices – (Concealed Vertical Rods are not allowed)
Top & Bottom Flush bolts
Raceway / EPT (only available within the bottom 40” of door)
Additional preps are available
Lite sizes are available up to 100 square inches per leaf with lead requirements up to 1/8”. Lites must be double glazed with one piece of fire rated glass and one piece of lead glass. Glass thicknesses must be given at time of order. Lite cutout must be at least 5-1/2” from any edge or any hardware cutout.
- 115-L1 Double Glazed Metal Vision Kit –
- Minimum lite size is 2” x 6” (Visible lite/Clear lite)
- Max width – 12” & Max height – 33” (Visible lite/Clear lite)
- Specs & Tech Data
- Cut Sheet
- Installation Instructions
- Quote Form
- Order Form